Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hooded Towels

This week I thought I'd share some of my latest sewing projects. (By "latest", don't get the any false ideas! These are not all from the past week but from the past months!!!) Most of these projects are under an hour! So if you are looking for some simple sewing projects, try one of these!

For a baby gift for our first child, a friend gave us a hooded towel made with a bath towel. It was, by far, my favorite towel! Unlike most hooded baby towel, this one was actually large, thick, and thirsty enough to easily dry a wiggly youngster! We continued to use that towel for five years as it worked just as well for toddlers and pre-schoolers.

I've seen several patterns for these hooded towels. Some even had ideas on making the heads resemble animals. I decided to keep it simple and used the pattern found here. I did add a little ribbon for accent. I used a large bath towel and hand towel. One hand towel gets cut in half so if you decide to do this project, buy two bath towels and one hand towel to make two projects. Use one and save the other for a gift!

My children are loving their new towels! Guess I need to make a fourth one now! (By the way, one of the best things we did in our bathroom was add low towel hooks for the children. I love that they all know where their towel goes!)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails