Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Everyone seems to have their favorite method of making mac n cheese. Here is our version. When this dish is on the table, our children will hardly eat anything else. I like this version because of all the eggs. I feel like the children are getting some protein even if this is all they eat! Sometimes I make it with whole wheat pasta, or even add some cooked broccoli or peas to further up the health value!

2 cups dry macaroni - cooked until still slightly firm, drain
3 T butter
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Stir butter into macaroni. Beat eggs with milk. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with more grated cheese and paprika and bake 5 more minutes until cheese melts.

1 comment :

  1. I'm going to have to add this to my recipes to try...we really enjoy mac & cheese, but I haven't found a super good recipe other than dumping and pouring which isn't reliable. :-)

    ~eunice

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails