Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blessing Tree


Last year a friend gave me the idea of a "blessing basket" - a place to gather notes on which you've jotted down blessings. We adapted the idea into a Blessing tree the year.

First I drew a simple outline of a leafless tree on a large piece of poster board. I cut out simple leaves of various colors. For the last couple weeks we've all been writing down things we are grateful for on the leaves and gluing them to the tree.

We've been dealing with a lot of whining recently and this simple project has been one way to focus our children's attention from what I want, to what I've been given. I won't say it has totally taken care of the problem, but it hasn't hurt!

How are you making Thanksgiving a part of your daily life this year?

2 comments :

  1. Love the ideas you have in your blog. For Christmas a friend of mine is using the Jesse Tree... see
    http://samsmommy.blogspot.com/
    ornaments that trace the lineage of Christ. I had never heard of this before, but there are probably other ideas too. I want to make this into an "advent calendar" for my grandson. We don't usually have a tree in the house due to space, but I put lights on an outside tree and bird seed ornaments.

    Wonderful blog. I will add this to my favorites and check out the space more frequently.

    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails