Monday, February 1, 2010

Enjoying God's World - February Plans

A new month! And time to share our February nature study plans.

Like last month, this is just a list of goals and "possibilities". I really doubt we'll get this all done. You can read our goals here.
We enjoyed a week or two of milder weather in January and it was great to see the children enjoying outdoor play again. The photos in this post are from a walk at our favorite park.

Now we are back to cold weather again when hibernation sounds like a good idea to me!
February plans
  • Examine our ground hog hole on Groundhog Day (Feb 2).
  • Discuss the groundhog's changes during hibernation.
  • Explore our neighbor's frozen pond.
  • Identify some trees without leaves.
  • Talk about how important trees are to animals.
  • Make a rubbing of tree bark.

3 comments :

  1. Oh, please take a pic of the ground hog hole? For us Aussies??
    What a lovely area to live in.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafty Mama -
    My husband reminded me that he filled in our ground hog hole! I'm sure he just went elsewhere and made a new hole - but I haven't discovered it yet - and hopefully it is further away from our garden! You'll just have to imagine!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails