Friday, December 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


Peanut butter is one the favorite food at our house, coming right behind chocolate. Any cookie that combines peanut butter and chocolate is a true winner.

Since these cookies have real butter, instead of shortening, and whole wheat flour, I can pretend they are good for us. Of course, they still have sugar but you could probably substitute Sucanet if you wanted.

Peanut Butter Cookies


1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
Cream together.


2 eggs
Add and beat together.


2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or white flour if you prefer)

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Add and stir well.


1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Stir in.
Shape into balls, place on baking sheet, smash gently and bake for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.
 
Variations:
For extra peanut dose, use peanut butter chips.

For peanut butter blossoms, omit the chocolate chips in the dough. Roll dough in balls. Bake for 8 minutes. Push unwrapped Hershey kiss into center of cookie. Bake 2 minutes longer.

5 comments :

  1. Mmmm! The first PB cookies recipe looks awesome! I might be baking more cookies soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love them! They are my dog's favorite. Every year when my DH brings home the cookies left from the office party, DearDog wants the peanut butter cookies. I'm sure these would be even better than those! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of our favorite cookies is peanut butter oatmeal with chocolate chips. They are definitely healthy :) ha.

    I couldn't keep house without peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies are AMAZING! The first night I made them and asked my husband how many he would like, he replied by saying, "as many as you will let me have." They were a hit with both him and many of my neighbors. Will definitely be making these again! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies are fantastic and I feel much better about serving them to my kids because they are whole wheat instead of the normal white flour ones. These don't spread a whole lot either which was nice because cookies often made with butter spread and end up flat, these stayed nice and fluffy, as a matter of fact right now my 5 year old is asking for another cookie :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails