Thursday, January 26, 2012

Where to find Water Softening Powder

Since I shared the recipe I use for homemade laundry detergent, I have had many questions concerning where to find Calgon water softening powder.

I purchased mine at a large grocery store in the laundry department. Since one box lasts quite a while, I have not needed to purchase for probably close two years. Maybe stores are no longer carrying it.



If you can't find water softening powder at your local store, you can purchase from Amazon.

The next question is whether the water softening powder is truly necessary if you have soft water? I can't answer that since I haven't tried the recipe without. I think the purpose of the water softening powder is to whiten laundry. If any of you have used this detergent recipe without adding water softening powder, let us know your results.

3 comments :

  1. I am so glad you posted this today. I just found the water softening agent at Giant and was going to go back through your archives for the recipe. Now I don't have to. I am hoping this works with my hard water problem although I need to use up the big container of tide I just purchased first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made your soap without the softening agent 1)because I couldn't find it and 2) we have soft water and didn't know if it was necessary. We have been using it for all laundry - Sunday clothes to heavily soiled work clothes - farmer soiled and machine work - . Our clothes are cleaner than they have been in a while. We are very greatful for the inexpensive solution to clean clothes. If I find the softening agent I will probably add to my next mix and yes there will be a next mix. I gave a mix to my parents (farmers) and they are also very pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails