Friday, February 28, 2014

Flo's Cakes - Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake

One thing I love about coffee cakes is that they look special and fancy without the headache of frosting. I always struggle to make a frosted cake look nice so this is a huge advantage to me! This is a recipe from Flo that I've already made three times!



Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake
Shared by Florence Fox

 This recipe is one my mom often made, and now my children like this coffee cake, too.
1 ½ cups flour
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
¼ cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups blueberries

Topping:
¾ cup sugar
½ cup flour
¼ cup butter
½ cup sliced almonds

In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add milk, butter, egg, and vanilla, mixing until well blended. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. Combine sugar, flour, and butter; sprinkle over blueberries. Top with sliced almonds. Bake at 350˚ for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. 


Florence lives in the northwoods of Michigan with her husband and three preschoolers. Her hobbies are writing and baking coffee cakes. A few  months ago she published a book titled My First Deer Hunt. This is a children’s story about the time her husband took their oldest son (then four-years-old) to the woods for his first hunting trip.  Email Flo at foxden @emypeople.net.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails