Monday, January 26, 2015

21 Breakfast Recipes

Continuing to organize a recipe index for the recipes found on Home Joys.

I'm a believer in eating breakfast. I can't imagine starting my day without a good meal. My goal is to serve a breakfast with protein and whole grains. My children love to eat boxed cereal but they admit that they are hungry by 10:00 so most mornings will find an egg dish or oatmeal on our table.

Don't like breakfast - serve breakfast food in the evening for a healthy, economical meal.

Check out the Bread Page for recipes for muffins, quick breads, and bagels.

Here are some of our breakfast favorites.



Frittata



Pecan French Toast Casserole



Breakfast Pizza



Caramelized Onion Breakfast Casserole



Dutch Babies



Egg Stacks

Egg Puff



Breakfast Wrap



Breakfast Burritos

Overnight Coffee Cake


We enjoy Waffle Wednesday every week. Here are some favorite recipes.

Overnight Yeast Waffles



Chocolate Waffles - for that special Valentines' Brunch

Sourdough Waffles - our weekly family staple

Homemade Pancake Syrup



Blueberry Pancake Sauce

Kale Breakfast Bake 



Graham Granola




Peanut Butter Granola - our all-time favorite granola

Soaked Granola



Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal - our Sunday morning tradition

Baked Oatmeal - the yumminess of the above recipe without the peanut butter

What do you enjoy for breakfast?

12 comments :

  1. I agree that breakfast is important and I just feel better if I eat well in the morning. Having said that - you have a much more varied breakfast menu than I do and I will be shamelessly stealing...er, borrowing several of them. Nothing really beats my childhood favorite of bacon and eggs with hash-browns for me though. (I have low cholesterol so I'm sure it's ok!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oatmeal doesn't stay with us till lunch, but we find we do better with a light brunch between breakfast and lunch so we try to eat something with a little protein in it for brunch if we had oatmeal at breakfast. That breakfast casserole sounds really good, I'm going to try it for sure when I start getting onions out of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that adding peanut butter to my oatmeal makes a big difference. We also eat peanut butter on our waffles to help give them a little protein for staying power.
      Gina

      Delete
  3. Eggs, bacon and hash browns are our number one weekend favorite. Other regulars are pancakes. Grand daughter has her own waffle maker, and she likes to create toppings of her choice, usually some kind of fruit. We depend on granola or toast and juice for school mornings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed your breakfast recipes and they are so good and filling. I really think you will enjoy this recipe from More and Less cookbook: Meat Potato Quiche. I make this once a week and my family never tires of them.

    Meat Potato Quiche

    3 cups shredded potatoes
    3 Tablespoons oil or melted butter
    1-2 cups grated Swiss or cheddar cheese
    ¾ cup cooked browned sausage (or any kind of cooked diced meat)
    1 cup evaporated or rich milk
    2 eggs
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 9-inch pie plate, mix the potatoes with oil or butter and press evenly into pie crust shape.

    Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Remove from oven and layer on the cheese and meat.

    In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture on top of the other ingredients and sprinkle with parsley.

    Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until knife inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! That sounds so good. I'm going to put this on my list to try!
      Thanks!
      Gina

      Delete
  5. We are believers in a good breakfast also. Most mornings it is something with eggs or oatmeal. I wanted to let you know after reading your post about the one year bible, I remembered that we had one. I decided to give it a try and have been using it for my nightly reading ever since. I really like it. Thanks for posting. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna-
      Thanks! That made my day to know that we can encourage each other!
      Gina

      Delete
  6. Yummy! You are so talented to offer such a mixture of breakfast ideas for your family - I usually just make scrambled eggs served with black beans and homemade salsa. On Saturdays I usually make pancakes since my husband gets to enjoy breakfast with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. Thanks! Breakfast is the meal I dread making for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too. I like to eat breakfast - not make it. That is why it helps me to have a plan. And why I often make the same thing on the same day of the week. My brain doesn't make decisions well in the morning!
      Gina

      Delete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails