Monday, February 2, 2015

Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli



Is there anything better than chicken and bacon? I didn't think so.

Well, unless it is chocolate and peanut butter?

I won't make you choose between them.

I have numerous favorite recipes that came from my sister-in-law Emily - and this is one of them. A stromboli with a combo of bacon, chicken, and mushrooms? Combined with cream cheese and ranch dressing? Definitely a winner.



I'm listing this recipe as a single batch. I make a double batch since the leftovers are wonderful and even freeze well. A double batch also works well for a quart jar of canned chicken. This fall a friend convinced me to can chicken and I'm loving the convenience. Thanks, Crystal. One more reason to love my pressure canner!

I use my homemade pizza crust for the dough but you can use a loaf of frozen bread dough if you wish.

After frying the bacon and sauteing the mushrooms, I mix the other ingredients. If it still seems too dry, I add in a little chicken broth.



Then I spread the chicken mixture on the dough, sprinkle on the mozarella, and roll it up. I turn it onto the pan, seam side down, and bake.





 Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch Stromboli

1 batch of pizza crust or frozen bread dough
4 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 pack dry ranch mix (I usually use a homemade seasoning mix.)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Fry bacon and crumble. In bacon drippings, saute mushrooms. Mix bacon, mushrooms, chicken, cream cheese, ranch mix, and mayonnaise. If mixture is too dry add a little chicken broth. Roll out dough and spread chicken mixture on dough. Sprinkle on cheese. Roll up dough. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

8 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness!! How in the world do you all stay so slim and trim??? What a divine recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't hate me. I'm one of those annoying people who can't gain weight.

      And I don't eat like this every day!
      Gina

      Delete
  2. That sounds wonderful! I'm going to have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah Grandma Ruth and I were thinking along the same lines - Maybe all the running after children?! Another yummy recipe! For the record, your children will probably be talking about your cooking the rest of their lives, it works like that you know and when they all get together years from now...remember Mom's?....food makes wonderful memories too. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! Can you please share your homemade ranch dressing seasoning? I could use this in several recipes I know. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she actually has a link to the ranch dressing recipe above, so you can check it out & enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Yum! I want to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually had all the ingredients to make this last night and boy was it good. Very rarely would I have 2 cups of chicken leftovers and living in Australia Ranch Dressing isn't common but I had a package lurking in thr pantry. I have never used dill in cooking so don't have that on hand but will make sure I buy some to make your recipe up as I will be making this again. DH ate 3/4 of one, took half of another and the other half I had to freeze otherwise he would have eaten that as well

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails